Logging into and using this site signifies agreement with the below. Don't agree, don't use the site. Cool? Cool.
- Conline is non-commercial and created for personal, non-commercial use: don't make a for-profit convention on here, it will be removed.
- This site may change or shut down without notice, and Conline isn't liable for any disruption that may cause (shit happens and there's no back up plan, so just be aware it could go poof without warning tomorrow, though every effort will be made to avoid that.)
- Support isn't guaranteed - there's a growing FAQ, there's a discord channel, but there's also 1 person behind the curtain and she has a day job.
- Any content you add here belongs to you and you bear all the risks and potential liability thereof. You also need to make sure what you're putting up jives with the Acceptable Use Policy below. Content isn't backed up, and any content can be removed without notice, and there isn't an appeal process (see: 1 person, occasionally likes sleeping.) Honestly, don't take the piss and it's probably all good, but if a take down notice appears, the content is getting taken down. Flip side, your content and your details are yours, I'm not going to sell it to shady vid marketers and make millions.
Acceptable Use Policy
Don't use Conline to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any content (i) that violates any third-party right or any intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
You'll notice the obsenity/porn whatever isn't in there - Conline doesn't care how anyone's nipples present. If Youtube and Vimeo haven't flagged your video content, for instance, Conline certainly won't.
In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through Conline any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through Conline unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages; (iii) use Conline to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to Conline, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to Conline, whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of Conline; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on Conline, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to Conline.
If content violates any of the above it will be removed without warning, and the convention and account its associated with might well go with it, depending on the case. If what's been posted is actively illegal, you bet any info is going to the appropriate authorities.
You agree to indemnify and hold Conline and its officers, employees, and agents harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third-party due to or arising out of (a) your use of Conline, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. Conline reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Conline. Conline will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Third-Party Links & Other Users
- Conline has links to third-party websites, that aren't under Conline control (thank god, can you imagine being Twitter right now?) Those links are for your convenience, they aren't reviewed and Conline isn't responsible for anything on them or what they're doing with your data.
- Users are responsible for their own content, not Conline, so responsible for any loss, damages and liability as well.
- In the event of a dispute between users, wow is Conline staying out of it.
- Basically, if something goes down and you want to blame Conline? You can't, it's a tool you're using, so whatever happens is on you.
There's no warranty, no guarantee of uptime or availability: Conline is "as-is" and still very much in beta, which means things may not work as expected (or at all.) It's a work in progress, I'm sure everyone can relate.
Limitation on Liability
In case the above wasn't all very clear, Conline is liable for nothing - if you use this site, it's at your own discretion and risk. Every effort is being made to minimise said risk, but nothing in life is guaranteed. If something goes pear-shaped, you have no legal recourse here.
Wow, this is a fun one, right?
The Organization for Transformative Works (OTW) has spent a long, long time ascertaining what fannish copyright policies look like, across different laws and different countries. That's not going to be repeated here. If you think what you're considering adding to or distributing from this site would make the OTW sad, don't do it. No take down notices will be challenged here, but if you want to do that on your time and then come back with the positive results, the content can be added again.
These Terms may (almost certainly will) change. If there's a big change, that will be a news post on the landing page, but otherwise the date will just be tracked in the link and content above, so you might want to keep an eye on that.